Pages

Friday 23 March 2012

Fascinator Class

So I recently attended a craft class at  the make lounge  in Islington, one of the first things that I have done completely on my own in a very long time and I absolutely loved it! Not only because I had a great tutor, who really took the time that each of the people in the class needed, but because it is a wonderful space, the people on the course came from all different backgrounds and for different reasons.

The inspiration came the Vintage festival I went to a few years ago, where I bought this:

Now I have attempted to make my own in the past after I bought this one, I started with the little one below, which I wore to a friends hen party a little while ago, I do love it, but I am ashamed to say that I bought the base rather than make it.



I learnt how to make a Fascinator base from scratch and am now thinking that when I eventually get my act together and set up that etsy and folksy page like I keep promising myself I will, I will put these into action.

This is the fascinator I made on the day:

If you are looking for fun course in London, I would recommend these guys, they have a variety of other courses and the ladies that run them are lovely. An extra added bonus was that they provided Pom Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment