Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2011

So I got a little carried away.....

As I am sure you will have noticed by now I have changed the look of my blog it has a new design and layout, I decided it was time for a change. This year I am going to attempt projects which challenge me and help me to increase all the wonderful creative things which I can do. The first of which it this hat. I have never made a hat from scratch before and I can now completely understand why Mr Steven Jones makes the money he does as it was a very fiddly process.


It hasn't completely turned out the way that I had envisioned and admittedly is a very simple first attempt but not bad for the first hat I every made. The quilt is also coming along very well. It has become about the size of a pillow case and should be ready for a bed spread in about 3 months, if I actually get my bum in gear. 

Next of my list of things to do is start felting, I am going to try it without a pattern and see how it goes, the aim is for a day of the dead garland. There was a hummingbird i was thinking about giving a go but I think I will start simple and work from there. 

That's it for now, hope you like the new layout and my attempted hat, catch you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment